Little Bush Baby

If there is one thing I love about Australia, it's all the bush babies here.  The kangaroos, kookaburras, cockatoos, platypus and the iconic koalas - just to name a few.

When I first arrived in this beautiful country, I was given a koala.  I still have it, and its cute little shirt that has the Australian flag on it that says "I love Australia".

Today I've created this cute little belly box from My Scrap Chick.  It comes as several different files so you can use them in your cutting machine - my cutting machine is my trusty pair of scissors :)


Isn't she adorable?! I printed out the 2 page pattern, then traced over the shapes onto the coloured card that I wanted to use.  Then I cut out the pieces. I also distressed the edges to give her a fuzzy look.  I assembled everything and adhered with hot glue.  I used my Copics to add some colouring to the edges, and a white pen to add shine to her nose, feet and eyes.

Now because she's a belly box - you can put treats inside her belly! I chose some Aussie Drops that smell of Eucalyptus leaves - but you can add anything!

I added some of Tanya's twine that she sent me as well as a Tanya Leigh Designz mini postcard.


I plan on making one of these boxes for each month of the year, so don't forget to check back and see what I make next!

I have joined the following challenges:

Crafting When We Can - Anything Goes
Come and Get it Challenges - Anything New
The Paper Players - Going Green (Recycled bow & twine)
Hiding in my Craftroom - Freestyle
Jo's Scrap Shack - Anything Goes

5 comments

Dana Johnson said...

This is adorable! Great job. Thanks for joining us at the Come and Get it challenge! ~DT Dana

Sue's Paper Crafts said...

DARLING!!!! What a cutie pie. Thank you for joining us at Jo's Scrap Shack.

Sue - Jo's Scrap Shack DT
http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

Christine said...

This is just the sweetest project! I love the little koala. Your work is creative and an example of excellent craftsmanship. Thanks so much for sharing your project at Jo's Scrap Shack this week. I really enjoyed having a look.
Christine,
DT Member at Jo's

Gina said...

I wasn't sure what to expect when I read "belly box" lol, but this is such a great gift idea :D Thank you for sharing with us at CWWC Challenge XXX

Vickie Y said...

Adorable! Thank you for sharing with us at CWWC Challenge.